Hi Eric, On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Thursday, 16 Mar 2017 at 07:55, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > Dear all, > > > > I have just pushed (to master) a patch that modifies the use > > of date trees in capture templates. > > [...] > > > For the time being, the old targets will be automatically translated > > and used correctly. When you use customize to change > > org-capture-templates, things will automatically be updated next time > > you change the variable. The recommendation is to go and update your > > templates, in case at some time in the future, we might remove the > > compatibility layer. > > Carsten, > > would you please post an example of the new format for those that don't > use customize for capture templates? An example equivalent to the > current behaviour would be welcome. > > For instance, my current diary appointment capture entry looks like this: > > ("d" "diary" entry > (file+datetree "~/s/notes/diary.org") > "* %^{Appointment} %^G\n%^{Date + time}T" > :immediate-finish t) > This case turns into ("d" "diary" entry (file+olp+datetree "~/s/notes/diary.org") "* %^{Appointment} %^G\n%^{Date + time}T" :immediate-finish t) so you only need to change the symbol from file+datetree to file+olp+datetree If you were using a week tree, the symbol you'd still use file+olp+datetree but also set the property :tree-type week If you are using one of the ....+prompt version, you would instead set the property :time-prompt t That is all. If you want to specify an outline path, these are just additional strings after the file name, for example ("d" "diary" entry (file+olp+datetree "~/s/notes/diary.org" "Heading 1" "Subheading" "subsubheading") "* %^{Appointment} %^G\n%^{Date + time}T" :immediate-finish t) Does that answer your question? Carsten