On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Mark Janssen wrote: > > >> > Seems (setq org-url-hexify-p nil) will give me the required behavior. > > Mark > > This didn't work, so I investigated a bit further. Because the = sign is included in org-link-escape-chars, the org-url-hexify-p value will not make anu difference. So the problem is still that equals signs are hexified in org-links. Reading =org.el= and seeing the =org-link-escape-chars= constant this seems to be expected behavior. So I think the issue is that the html exporter doesn't unhexify the equals sign in the link. As a result the link in the html doesn't work. e.g. The link: http://test/test?name=me Is translated to: http://test/test?name%3Dme In the org file And that link is also included in the HTML where I would have expected the equals sign again.