From: Steve Moreau <moreau.steve@free.fr>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Moving from org-mode 6.33/7.9.3 to 8.3.2
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 15:44:55 +0100	[thread overview]

First, I have been struggling with git since I have no methodology, and I
got lost several times.
But I converged anyway and, as far as I understand, the issue here should
have been introduced in the following commit:

Revision: f3955d5367bd44e98824e3a5bd4b36e06483f4c2
Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
Date: 2013-06-02 11:12:02 AM
Message:
org.el: Slight change to filling mechanism

* lisp/org.el (org-setup-filling): Set `paragraph-start' and
  `paragraph-separate'.
(org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p): Remove function.
(org-mode): Do not set `paragraph-start'.
----
Modified: lisp/org.el

Indeed, the org-setup-filling was concerned.

*Before:*

      (append fill-nobreak-predicate
          '(org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p

(defvar org-element-paragraph-separate) ; org-element.el
(defun org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p ()
  "Non-nil when a new line at point would end current paragraph."
  (looking-at (substring org-element-paragraph-separate 1)))

*After:*

'org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p' predicate removed and the previous
function has been deleted

The following code has been added:

  (let ((paragraph-ending (substring org-element-paragraph-separate 1)))
    (org-set-local 'paragraph-start paragraph-ending)
    (org-set-local 'paragraph-separate paragraph-ending))

Could someone explain to me why the function has been removed?
Thanks a lot for the great job on this wonderful org-mode.
Have a nice day,

Steve