Hi Nicolas, Thanks for you answer. OK, I understand. That explains why I needed to add blank lines between list items before to fill region, such as: - item1 - item2 This is a new paragraph I have 2 more questions for you please. Let say I would like to give a hand and try to improve the org-fill-region to deal with this case. - Would it be local to fill-region only, as I would suspect, or would it put a mess around because it is used in some other contexts I am not aware of, and would it be something interesting for the org-mode according to you? - If you wanted to develop it, would you surround it with a when condition so that user can disable it? Thanks, Steve 2015-11-29 22:43 GMT+01:00 Nicolas Goaziou : > Hello, > > Steve Moreau writes: > > > Indeed, the org-setup-filling was concerned. > > > > *Before:* > > > > (append fill-nobreak-predicate > > '(org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p > > ... > > > > (defvar org-element-paragraph-separate) ; org-element.el > > (defun org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p () > > "Non-nil when a new line at point would end current paragraph." > > (looking-at (substring org-element-paragraph-separate 1))) > > > > *After:* > > > > 'org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p' predicate removed and the > previous > > function has been deleted > > > > The following code has been added: > > > > (let ((paragraph-ending (substring org-element-paragraph-separate 1))) > > (org-set-local 'paragraph-start paragraph-ending) > > (org-set-local 'paragraph-separate paragraph-ending)) > > > > > > Could someone explain to me why the function has been removed? > > It was removed because `org-element-paragraph-separate' is not enough to > find the boundaries of a paragraph, e.g., > > - item1 > - item2 > This is a new paragraph > > It is usually not a problem except for `fill-region', as you noticed. > However, I do not know how to plug our own functions into `fill-region'. > > We could replace `fill-region' with `org-fill-region', tho. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >