Hi Nicolas, I am not sure I understand: As I tried to make clear, I am *not* interested in changing the UI for anybody but myself. I probably should have omitted the "long-run" comment altogether. What I am interested in is refactoring: add a layer of functions that cleanly do what is now done in an ad-hoc way, eg, inside of-insert-todo-heading, or which is not done at all. Or are you talking about the parameters of such new functions? On Oct 4, 2017 12:33 PM, "Nicolas Goaziou" wrote: Hello, Ingo Lohmar writes: > What I have in mind for starters: > > Add orthogonal internal functions that can handle *all* sensible > combinations of requirements. Then rewrite existing commands in terms > of these, but possibly adding new ones. > > I would not want to break any workflows, of course. But in the *long* > run, we could rethink if the existing commands and their prefix-arg > behavior are really what users want, or if we provide other ones by > default. > > Does that sound reasonable, or are there any grave obstacles I did not > consider, or any hard reasons why such changes could not be accepted? I think, as a starter, we should discuss and agree on how the UI should be. IMO, implementation follows, not the other way around. WDYT? Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou