On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 3:23 AM, Eric Schulte wrote: > Skip Collins writes: > > > On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Pascal Fleury > wrote: > >> (have not used bash3 in quite a long time :-) > > > > Even OS X Mavericks uses bash 3. So it will be around for quite a long > time. > > > > I believe Bash 4 is GPLv3 and Bash 3 is GPLv2, so it is very possible > that OSX will never upgrade to the current bash. > > If the fix is obvious and simple then it sounds like a win. > > I think it should be. It could prod the version the very first time it runs, and use that. > I suppose the argument could be made that an Emacs project should not go > out of it's way to support old versions of software which are > potentially being used only to avoid GPLv3 licensing... but I won't make > that argument here. > Even array support in ob-shell.el is a win for bash3, and as a user of Mac OSX myself, I would not like a project like org-mode to push such pains onto the users especially as here it is a regression for bash3 users. I'm a bit overbooked these days, I hope you won't mind if it will take a few more days for a fix. --paf > > -- > Eric Schulte > https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte > PGP: 0x614CA05D > -- --paf