Ok, here's a patch. Please let me know if this is acceptable or not. On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 8:33 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Nathan Nichols writes: > > >> This looks like a copy-paste of `org-element-normalize-string'. > >> Why not simply calling `org-element-normalize-string'? > > > > I changed it at one point, but then changed it back and didn't realize > that > > it was ultimately unchanged. > > Here's a patch that uses `org-element-normalize-string` instead. > > Thanks! > > > +(defun org-html-normalize-str-or-fn (input &rest trailing) > > + "If INPUT is a string, it is passed to `org-element-normalize-string'. > > Ideally, the first line of the docstring should fully describe what > function does. > > Maybe you can add something like > > Normalize INPUT function or string. Return a string or nil. > > > +If INPUT is a function, it is applied to arguments TRAILING, and the > result is > > +passed to `org-element-normalize-string'." > > + (let ((s (if (functionp input) (format "%s" (apply input trailing)) > input))) > > + (org-element-normalize-str s))) > ^org-element-normalize-string > > TRAILING name is confusing because it is not what one expects to be a > name of function arguments. Maybe > > (defun org-html-normalize-str-or-fn (input &rest args) > > > Also, you need to update docstrings and type definitions for > `org-html-head' and `org-html-head-extra', update the Org manual, and > announce the new allowed values in etc/ORG-NEWS. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >