4328, exactly the same amount of lines I have in the file. On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Marcelo de Moraes Serpa writes: > > > Wow.. this worked Torsten. Thank you. I wonder why this happens... > > linum-mode works with overlays to embed the numbers at the beginnig of > lines. Overlays are very flexible but not too efficient, you don't want > to have too many of them. Looking at linum.el, it seems it already does > pooling of overlays in order not to create one overlay for any line, but > I'm not sure. Could you please do > > M-: (length linum-overlays) RET > > in that large org file with linum-mode enabled and say what it returns > to satisfy my curiosity? > > Bye, > Tassilo > > >