Oh, indeed -- the face is simply the font settings, the overlay has more display flexibility (i.e images), right? > > > It's a not-so-rare request. Thus, if Someone implements a minor mode > adding overlays on these stars (or even a more general "beautify" > minor-mode adding overlays on list items, todo keywords...), it could > make a nice addition to contrib/. Definitely. I thought it was already possible somehow. Anyway, it's only aesthetics, so not high priority, but would still be nice to have. On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Marcelo de Moraes Serpa writes: > > > I was wondering if it's possible to change the face of the asterisk used > > for the bullet points. Using a smoother UTF-8 character or even an image > > would be neat. Is that possible? > > You can change the face of the asterisk, but it will still be an > asterisk. So, that's not what you're looking after. You need overlays to > visually change the symbol. > > It's a not-so-rare request. Thus, if Someone implements a minor mode > adding overlays on these stars (or even a more general "beautify" > minor-mode adding overlays on list items, todo keywords...), it could > make a nice addition to contrib/. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >