It primarily adds features. It fixes the problem reported here [1] but that's probably not a common problem and the person who reported it probably already migrated. [1] https://orgmode.org/list/87d05nidu1.fsf@iki.fi/ On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 9:04 AM Bastien wrote: > Hi Ian, > > ian martins writes: > > > Sure, I'd be happy to maintain ob-java. > > Thanks! Does your work on ob-java.el fix bugs or does it foremost > add new features? If the former, we can add it now to master, then > add you as a maintainer immediately. > > > The drawback with keeping ob-haxe in an external repo is that the > > tests won't run when org-mode is changed, but in practice its tests > > are very similar to ob-java's so the actual risk of it being broken > > by a change will be small if ob-java is in core. > > > > I'll submit ob-haxe to GNU ELPA after ob-java has been accepted. That > > way I can take out the common parts of ob-haxe which will have been > > incorporated into ob-core. > > Yes -- for now (< 9.4) we cannot accept changes in ob-core.el. > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien >