I wrote the ob-core patch I mentioned before but white writing the commit message I realized there's probably no need to modify ob-core at all. I was doing it in order to allow haxe and java to create subdirectories in the babel temp directory since both languages require class names to match file names and directory structures to match the class' package (which is like namespace in C). But for executing babel code blocks from the temp directory all that is needed is the output; the source file doesn't matter. I'll try updating the haxe and java patches to build and run directly from the babel temp directory. On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 5:17 PM ian martins wrote: > with ob-java I assumed I shouldn't change ob-core, so I advised/overrode > ob-core instead of changing it. But it would be much better to change > ob-core. I'll submit those changes as a separate patch that modifies > ob-core. > > On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 4:04 PM Kyle Meyer wrote: > >> ian martins writes: >> >> > ob-haxe and ob-java both involve a few changes to ob-core to allow temp >> > directories instead of just temp files. Should I submit that as a >> separate >> > patch? >> >> It looks like that change is included with your ob-java patch [0], which >> will be considered after 9.4 is released [1], so I think it's fine as >> is. (In my opinion, splitting up that patch would have been nice, but I >> don't think it's worth a reroll, at least until some initial comments >> come in.) >> >> [0] >> https://orgmode.org/list/CAC=rjb7AhmnRQ9Nc4Ao07qK3QZF4LVaTmU_R1fWqr+97NpnRJQ@mail.gmail.com >> [1] https://orgmode.org/list/87sgbwgvx6.fsf@gnu.org >> >