I gave this a try and it works for me. One thing I noticed is that if you run a call asynchronously, the final result ends up under the source block instead of the call. In the example below both RESULTS were written after I ran the call. #+name: test-call #+begin_src python :results output import time time.sleep(5) print("done") #+end_src #+RESULTS: test-call : done #+call: test-call() :session :async #+RESULTS: : 70e844920752b3411170716dc450c50f On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 3:06 AM Jack Kamm wrote: > Hi Timothy, > > > This is moving at a glacial pace, but I'd love to see this merged --- > > there's clearly a lot of interest in this from the community if not > > within this mailing list (ob-async which is more limited has 250 stars > > on GitHub). > > Yes, this has taken far too long -- sorry about that. > > There have been a few things going on in my life recently, among them a > job change. I am in the process of trying to get my FSF copyright forms > approved at my new job. I think this will eventually happen, but the > process is moving slowly. > > My last update on this thread was shortly before changing jobs, and I > decided not to merge until I was sure I'd be able to stick around to > maintain it. > > If someone is willing to apply the final tweaks and help with maintenance > of this functionality, please go ahead and merge this in. Otherwise, I'll > merge this as soon as I've got my paperwork approved and am back in action. > > Jack > >