Hi Bastien, I'm using emacs -u NONE with emacs 27.0.50 and Org mode version 9.2.5 And I'm not seeing this expected behavior. I have the following simple foo.org file for my agenda: * TODO Foo * TODO Pre Class * TODO Again I'm using the built-in agenda view for TODO entries ("t") and I'm searching using Pre\sClass {Pre\sClass} Pre Class "Pre Class" And the entry is not *marked* in the agenda, but there are messages saying "1 entries marked for bulk action" If I search for "Pre Clas" and "Pre\sCl" etc. the entries are marked. If I search for "Class" (no quotes) then there's no match. However, if I search for "Cla" (no quotes) then there is a match and the heading is marked. So, it appears there's a problem *if the match ends on the last character of the heading*. In fact, I can replicate the problem by searching in the agenda manually by searching for "Class" (no quotes) :) and then calling (call-interactively 'org-agenda-bulk-mark) - the mark is not made and there's a message "user-error: Nothing to mark at point" Not sure how to fix it but wanted to show my awesome debugging skills :))) Thanks, --Nate Thanks, --Nate On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 5:22 PM Bastien wrote: > Hi Nathan, > > Nathan Neff writes: > > > I'm trying to use org-agenda-bulk-mark-regexp and trying to search > > for > > headings having "Pre Class". > > > > None of the combinations have worked so far (I've tried with quotes > > and without quotes in the prompt) > > There is nothing special with the regexps you need to enter with > `org-agenda-bulk-mark-regexp', you can use the same syntax you would > use for, e.g., C-u C-s in Emacs. > > Note that only the text of the headline is considered, not part of > the agenda line that are not the heading itself (e.g. todo keywords, > tags, etc.) > > > Pre Class > > should work > > > Pre\sClass > > => Pre\s-Class should work > > > Pre\\sClass > > nope > > > Pre.*Class > > should work > > > {Pre Class} > > nope. > > HTH, > > -- > Bastien >