I started using EDBI myself just last week, it's working really well so far! An EDBI--org combination would be amazing for database work. 2013/8/21 SAKURAI Masashi > Hi, > > I wrote a full DB browser in Emacs, EDBI > https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-edbi. > > This program provides DB Query API (like Perl's DBI) and table layout > framework. > One can query any SQL and layout the results into a rigid table format. > There is no document for API, please see the demo code. > https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-edbi/blob/master/edbi-demo.el > > I don't have a time to integrate it into org-mode, > if someone would write the code, I think I can help a little. > > > Regards > -- > SAKURAI, Masashi (family, given) > m.sakurai@kiwanami.net > > > At Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:06:43 +0200, > Johan W. Kl�+dwer wrote: > > > > [1 ] > > > > [2 ] > > I wish it were possible to execute SQL on tables in org-mode buffers. > Filtering rows and columns, > > joining values across named tables, and so forth could be done with SQL > in the org-table SEND > > clauses. > > > > There's a script called csvsql that allows for executing SQL on comma- > or tab-separated files from > > the command-line (using the H2 database engine): > https://github.com/jdurbin/durbinlib/wiki/csvsql. > > I'm thinking csvsql or similar could provide the query capability, and > org-mode would take care of > > sending it org tables in tab separated format. > > > > That's my wish. > > > > Cheers > > > > Johan > > > > >