Hi Bhavin, Thanks for your prompt response. I have followed those steps and that is the same behaviour I get. The expected behaviour is for it to clock out of the subtree, instead of giving the "Clock start time is gone" error. Regards, - Eddie Drury On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 at 02:00, Bhavin Gandhi wrote: > Hello Eddie > > On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 16:15, Eddie Drury wrote: > > > > When I am working in an indirect buffer and am currently clocked into a > subheading. If I refile this subheading and then run org-clock-out, I get > the error "Clock start time is gone". > > I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or a bug, but I was able to > reproduce this with the following steps on the latest master. Can you > confirm if you are doing something similar as well? > > Content of test.org > > #+begin_src org > * Read Org mode list > ** Triage bugs > > * Read Emacs bugs list > > #+end_src > > 1. Now go to the "Read Org mode list" entry and run, > org-tree-to-indirect-buffer (C-c C-x b). > 2. Switch to the indirect buffer. > 3. Go to the "Triage bugs" entry, and run org-clock-in (C-c C-x C-i). > 4. Refile the "Triage bugs" entry to "Read Emacs bugs list" with > org-refile (C-c C-w) > 5. Switch to test.org buffer, and go to the "Triage bugs" entry, and run > org-clock-out (C-c C-x C-o) > 6. This will show "Clock start time is gone" > > > When not working in an indirect buffer, Org Mode is able to track this > subtree and clock out of it, which is the expected behaviour. > > Yes, I found that it is able to track the refile. > > -- > Regards, > Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in >