On 18 July 2011 01:14, Eric Schulte wrote: > > As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think any formal expression > would be more useful if could be fed to existing parser-generation tools > to automatically write Org-mode parsers, or perhaps automatically > convert between Org-mode and other document formats. I'm not sure > however to what degree that is just wishful thinking.. > > Perhaps Pandoc (http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/) would meet those requirements. It uses a great parsing library with a syntax that greatly resembles a BNF grammar. An output module is already written for org-mode, so writing an input module would allow us to convert from org-mode to any other of the existing Pandoc output formats (including "plain text, markdown, reStructuredText, HTML , LaTeX , ConTeXt , PDF, RTF , DocBook XML, OpenDocument XML , ODT, GNU Texinfo , MediaWiki markup, textile , groff manpages, Emacs org-mode , EPUB ebooks, and S5 and SlidyHTML slide shows"). I've been thinking of doing this for sometime now, as an exercise in learning Haskell, but realistically I just don't have the time. does anyone else have the time? Chris.