I think maybe you might be thrown off by the word "server"? Lsp is just a standardization of how an editor can do language-specific things. The fact that standardization exists makes the whole thing pluggable by various services. These typically run in a separate process - which is a good idea anyways - on the same machine and the plugin just starts that prices and communicated to it. Typescript, c#, I think python, and JavaScript (and maybe Java?) plugins already do this On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 14:34 Jean Louis wrote: > * TEC [2020-12-13 20:35]: > > > From a perspective that some server has to know what user is writing > > > it is advisable to use one own's servers. But if idea gets popular > > > some company will commercialize it and centralize user's data and > > > privacy is gone. > > > > FYI the nature of LSP (as I understand it) is that the "server" is a > > locally running service that responds to signals from a "client" (code > > editor / IDE). > > That is how it starts until corporation like Github or somebody else > takes it over. Just look at Github pattern. Git was decentralized > system that they centralized for 50 million developers and included > eye candies that one cannot self-host as one wants. > > Jean > >