Thanks a lot Tim, I really appreciate you responding (as you said, it can be discouraging to not get any response) For the record, I just tried this simple example and it works #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent (create-ob-npx :name "ob-nbb" :language "clojurescript" :npx-arguments "nbb") #+end_src #+begin_src clojurescript (prn (+ 1 2 3)) #+end_src #+RESULTS: : 6 Never pushed anything to MELPA before but will have to take a look at how to do this. On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 7:41 PM Tim Cross wrote: > George Mauer writes: > > > I had a need the other day to execute some typescript in an org > document. Now I know that there's an > > ob-typescript package but that doesn't quite work the way I want and > expects typescript to be installed > > globally (which runs into a variety of versioning issues). > > > > There is a better option available with the `npx` program (installed > alongside `npm`) which can install a > > package along with its dependencies into a temporary sandbox and run its > binaries. > > > > I rewrote the typescript babel plugin to do this and then realized that > there was relatively little in it > > beyond variable and function names that was typescript-specific. The > exact same process can be used for > > anything that has an interpreter up on npm. Coffeescript, mermaidjs, all > sorts of things. > > > > So I made a macro. I'm interested what people here think: > https://github.com/togakangaroo/create-ob-npx > > This looks interesting and could have some great potential. As you say, > tehre is a growing class of languages which could be supported using > this method. I'm interested in trying out the nbb package (Clojurescript > on node) using this method, but right now, no time. > > Really just wanted to give feedbac as I noticed nobody else responded > and didn't want to give the impression there was no interest. > >