Hey Bastien, After this patch, org-mode loads the most updated config. A minor issue that I have is that this patch creates config.el in my dotfiles directory, instead of ~/.emacs.d/config.el ,since ~/.emacs.d/config.org is a symlink to ~/dotfiles/config.org. The behaviour in org-9.1.5(emacs 26.3), was resolution of symlinks for just fetching the file attributes(file-modification-time). The below patch summarizes the changes that would keep the current version in line with current version in emacs release org-9.1.5(emacs 26.3). Regards, Saurav On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 at 17:40, Bastien wrote: > Hi Ricky, > > thanks for reporting this. > > Can you try this patch and confirm it solves your issue? > > > -- > Bastien >