I've just started playing with #+INCLUDE, so I may not be using it correctly, but this works for me. I have a file 'sh_test', which looks like: for i in $(seq 10); do echo $i done My org file: #+HEADER: :exports both #+INCLUDE: "sh_test" src sh And the results: ,---- | for i in $(seq 10); do | echo $i | done `---- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Hope that helps. Kind regards, Mike On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:22 PM Nathan Neff wrote: > Hello all, > > I think I'm missing something basic: I'd like to have something like this: > > #+begin_src python > #+filename: foo.py > > Instead of storing my Python code in the current org file, I would like > Babel to read foo.py and execute it, as if it was inside the .org file. > > The foo.py mentioned above is fairly large, and I would like the code > to be stored in a different file than my .org file, for brevity. > > Any ideas? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. > > Thanks, > --Nate >