* Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart
@ 2010-11-08 22:46 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-11-08 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

While I like tj3, I was looking around for something on tikz/gantt and found
something from the pgf mailing list I thought I'd pass along. Check it out.
[1] I'll be tinkering more with this to see if some kind of table couldn't
be used to bring in the right data to form a gantt chart with tikz in
org-mode using babel. Where I'd like to go (for my purposes):

- dates generated based on first/last task (or something else)
- smart text placement (yours is varied to be next to the task; easier to go
with the standard of putting them on the left in a colum?)
- some kind of dependency denoting
- varied fonts for top level vs. sub-level items
- pretty it up

I'll futz with this and see how it goes, but did want to post what I ran
into. Here's the code from my org-mode file:

---
#+begin_src latex :packages '(("" "tikz")) :file gantt.pdf
\newcommand\ganttline[4]{% line, tag, start end
\node at (0,#1) [anchor=base east] {#2};
\fill[blue] (#3/20,#1-.2) rectangle (#4/20,#1+.2);}

\begin{tikzpicture}[y=-1cm]

\draw[help lines] (0,4.5) grid (8,0.5);

\ganttline{1}{Kickoff-Meeting}{20}{40}
\ganttline{2}{Thinking}{45}{50}