Hi Kyle, Following up in this thread having investigated the impact of coderefs. My conclusion is that coderefs need to be stripped out before they are passed to org-confirm-babel-evaluate. They are not present in the executed code and removing them is not something that a definition of org-confirm-babel-evaluate should have to know anything about. Right now I work around them by suggesting that users comment out their coderefs. This works because my use case is restricted to elisp code and I strip the comments using read, but other languages would not have such an easy solution. I have included a patch against maint that reuses the let block from org-babel-execute-src-block to accomplish this. Best! Tom