* ob-scheme doesn't support :stdin?
@ 2020-01-18  3:45 Vladimir Nikishkin
From: Vladimir Nikishkin @ 2020-01-18  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, friends.

Is it true that ob-scheme doesn't support :stdin <blockname>?

I just tried, and doesn't seem to work, although it works with ob-shell.

(This is not a complaint, I just would like to confirm that I
understand things correctly.)

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin

* Re: ob-scheme doesn't support :stdin?
@ 2020-01-18  5:02 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-01-18  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Nikishkin, emacs-orgmode

Vladimir Nikishkin <lockywolf@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it true that ob-scheme doesn't support :stdin <blockname>?
>
> I just tried, and doesn't seem to work, although it works with ob-shell.
>
> (This is not a complaint, I just would like to confirm that I
> understand things correctly.)

Yes, that's true as far as I can tell:

  $ git grep :stdin
  lisp/ob-awk.el:;; - :stdin takes an Org data or code block reference, the value of
  lisp/ob-awk.el:  (stdin (let ((stdin (cdr (assq :stdin params))))
  lisp/ob-sed.el:  (stdin (let ((stdin (cdr (assq :stdin params))))
  lisp/ob-shell.el:        (stdin (let ((stdin (cdr (assq :stdin params))))
  testing/examples/ob-awk-test.org:#+begin_src awk  :stdin genseq :results silent
  testing/examples/ob-sed-test.org:  #+BEGIN_SRC sed :stdin ex1

So it seems support for :stdin is limited to awk, sed, and shell.

* Re: ob-scheme doesn't support :stdin?
@ 2020-01-21  4:05   ` Vladimir Nikishkin
From: Vladimir Nikishkin @ 2020-01-21  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I just thought that practically speaking, I no interpreter should
really need stdin, right?
Since everything that is prepended with a shebang: #! interpreter
is at the same time a valid shell script, isn't it?

@ 2020-01-21 14:39     ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2020-01-21 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Nikishkin; +Cc: Org Mode List