Suppose we have the following document ``` #+title: test-file * This is h1 ** This is h1.2 We introduce some text here Then we narrow to this heading and introduce a footnote * Another heading here so that footnote capture works #+begin_src (org-element-property :buffer (org-element-at-point)) #+end_src * Footnotes ``` When we narrow to h1.2 (subtree) so that * Footnotes is not visible - after adding the footnote, when we check (org-element-property :buffer (org-element-at-point)) at any headline level or anywhere It returns nil - inplace of the # element it should return This causes functions to fail that rely on this. I am on Org mode version 9.8-pre (release_9.7.11-145-g28b631 -- the version we get when we clone the git today (2024-10-03) Thank you, let me know if you need any information in reproducing it.