From: William Horne <will.m.horne@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: When "Org Hierarchical Todo Statistics" set to nil, DONE items diasppear from agenda filtered by top headline [9.3.6 (9.3.6-25-g685b2c-elpa @ /home/william/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200316/)]
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 13:13:11 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Bastien,

Thank you for your response. This still happens for me on the version built
from the org-mode.git repository.

Here is a test .org file (also attached):

----
* TODO [0/4] Project 1
** Category 1
*** TODO Task 1
*** TODO Task 2
** Category 2
*** TODO Task 3
*** TODO Task 4
* TODO [0/4] Project 2
** Category 3
*** TODO Task 5
*** TODO Task 6
** Category 4
*** TODO Task 7
*** TODO Task 8
----

Here are the steps I followed (using emacs -q) to reproduce the issue:

1. emacs -q test.org
2. M-x, customize variable
3. org-hierarchical-todo-statistics
4. Toggle --> off,
5. State --> 0, "Set for current session"
6. back to test.org
7. M-x, org-agenda
8. < (restricted to buffer)
9. t "List of all TODO entries"
10. place cursor box on "Project 1" line
11. ^ ("org-agenda-filter-by-top-headline") ("Project 2" and descendants
disappear)
12. cursor box over "Task 1"
13. t (mark "Task 1" DONE)

This makes "Task 1" disappear from the agenda on my machine. The same
happens when I mark "Task 2" as done. Pressing "g" makes "Project 1" and
all remaining descendant tasks disappear.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information.

Will