Ok, I can make do with that. Thanks. On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote: > On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:15:42AM +0300, Dov Grobgeld wrote: > > I often find reference files in org-files and then do the following > > sequence: > > > > * Press Ctrl-x Ctrl-f > > * Navigate to the requested file by the emacs and completion > > * Press Ctrl-a Ctrl-k to copy > > * Press Ctrl-g to get out of file-open > > * Paste with ctrl-y > > > > I was wondering if anyone has written code so that pressing [TAB] within > a > > file:/ link would do emacs completion in place? > > It does that already. Use C-c C-l to insert a link, when prompted for > the type, say file: RET. Then you can use the usual emacs completeion > interface to get filename completeion. > > What is missing though is completion when editing an existing link. > IMO, that would be a worthy feature request. > > Cheers, > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free. > >