CAVEATS: 1. Carsten, my signed papers are on their way back to FSF; I'll let you know when I have a copy with their signature too. 2. Keys (even auto-assigned ones) can conflict between the tags and todo-keywords; in this case, the todo takes precedence. This is disappointing if you have a key assigned to tag "focus(f)" and meanwhile have a "#+TYP_TODO: Fred" in some buffer. Fred will get assigned the key "f" and make "focus" inaccessible. Same thing happens with fast-tag-selection if include-todo is on, so it's not unique to my patch, and maybe needs a more general solution. 3. The main function `org-agenda-query-selection' started as a copy of `org-fast-tag-selection' and there are possibly some parts that could be reasonably factored out of both and shared. (Mostly the code that lays out the tag names and keys in the buffer.) 4. ...? Let me know if you find anything else strange. On Dec 8, 2007, at 9:00 AM, Christopher League wrote: > Hi, I've been using org-mode for about a year, and recently updated > to the latest release. I was happy to discover the enhanced tag > query features ("phone|email/NEXT|SOMEDAY", etc) and started > rethinking my configuration a little. > > I'd like to have an interface for interactive query adjustment. For > example, in a tags match (C-c a m, org-tags-view), I could begin > with the query "phone/NEXT" and type the keys "/h" to quickly turn > it into "phone+home/NEXT" and then ";s" to get "phone+home/NEXT| > SOMEDAY", then "=[" to clear all the tags to "/NEXT|SOMEDAY", and so > on. Then, one more keystroke to save the current query into org- > agenda-custom-commands would be icing on the cake. > > I'm new to the mailing list, so maybe some functionality like this > was discussed before. Closest I found was a thread begun by John W > in October, wherein "interactive" and "query" were mentioned > together a few times... http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/3628 > but I don't think it's the same idea.