* org Publish subtree to pdf
@ 2013-08-17  1:58 Martin Leduc
From: Martin Leduc @ 2013-08-17  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
  I have a large org file with several projects in it. I can export one of
them (a subtree) to pdf by using C-c C-e C-s l o. However, I would like to
use the Publish function since it allows to export the pdf to another folder.

However, by using C-s (Subtree option) and P (for publish) and x (to choose
template from org-publish-project-alist), the Subtree option does not seem
to work well. The entire tree is exported though without the content of
higher-level headlines.

Is it the normal behavior to be expected from the publish function ? What is
the best way to export in pdf to another location ?

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: org Publish subtree to pdf
@ 2013-08-17  8:26 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-08-17  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 01:58:57AM +0000, Martin Leduc wrote:

> Is it the normal behavior to be expected from the publish function ?

There is some setup required to use publish.  (info "(org) Publishing")

> What is the best way to export in pdf to another location ?

You can simply set the :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: property with a filename in a
subdirectory.  Something like:

* subtree to export
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_FILE_NAME:  subdir/exported.pdf
  :END:

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: org Publish subtree to pdf
@ 2013-08-17  8:28 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-08-17  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Leduc; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Martin Leduc <mart_00@hotmail.com> writes:

>   I have a large org file with several projects in it. I can export one of
> them (a subtree) to pdf by using C-c C-e C-s l o. However, I would like to
> use the Publish function since it allows to export the pdf to another folder.
>
> However, by using C-s (Subtree option) and P (for publish) and x (to choose
> template from org-publish-project-alist), the Subtree option does not seem
> to work well.

Subtree export is not meant to be used along with publishing. The latter
works on complete files only.

> The entire tree is exported though without the content of higher-level
> headlines.
>
> Is it the normal behavior to be expected from the publish function ? What is
> the best way to export in pdf to another location ?

Use EXPORT_FILE_NAME node property. See penultimate paragraph from
section 12.3 in the manual.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org Publish subtree to pdf
@ 2013-08-17 17:19   ` Martin Leduc