From: "Vincent Belaïche" <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
To: bernt@norang.ca
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: RE: Re: Verbatim export
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 05:34:53 +0200	[thread overview]

[...]

> #+begin_example
> - this -
> #+end_example
>
> : - this one too
> : - and that one -

Thank you for your quick reply, this is not exactly what I was looking
for. What you propose will encapsulate all the text into a
<pre class="example" > </pre> block. This means that the font and
background color are changed. I would not like this to happen, just the
characters to lose their special meaning.

Probably my initial email was confusing because I used the term
"verbatim" which in LaTeX changes the font. What I am looking for is to
make some text to be interpreted litterally, without having all the
surrounding formatters to be overloaded.

The dash is not a very good example because most of the time the
solution is just not to place any dash at the beginning of a line.
However I had the following issue: I wanted to quote some text (so using
#+begin/end_quote), and this text was beginning with a dash, then I
didn't know how to escape the dash.

The issue which I meet more often is when there are some `[0]' which I
don't want to be interpreted as footnotes, so I was proposing some
general solution like

\verbatim{EOF}In reference [0] EOF.

Another solution would be to have a \relax{} macro, then the following
would also work

In reference [\relax{}0]

\relax would also make it for like for dashes:

#+begin_quote
\relax{}- this dash is not a bullet mark
#+end_quote

Well, there are several ways to solve the issue. I am not sure which is
better.

  Vincent

> HTH,
> Bernt

Découvrez Microsoft Security Essentials, l'antivirus gratuit par Microsoft
http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/212688364/direct/01/