Giuseppe Pagnoni writes: Hi Giuseppe: > I use org-mode for taking notes and I often need to jot down code > examples. In the language R, subscription is often done with double > square brackets (for instance, I can extract the 2nd element of a > `list' object x with the code: x[[2]]). Now, I haven't been able to > write such example code within org-mode, without them turning > automatically into hyperlinks (I am talking about the plain emacs > interface here, which is what I use most, not about exporting into > formats such as latex or HTML). Use a src block. For example: #+BEGIN_SRC R bla..bla.. #+END_SRC Please refer to this section: http://orgmode.org/manual/Working-With-Source-Code.html#Working-With-Source-Code in the manual. Cheers, Charles -- "...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)." (By Matt Welsh)