Hi Sebastien, you say "since a little while". Have you tried to bisect? Or has it been like this always? Also, I am not convinced that staying in invisible places is the right behavior at all. Even though I would agree that three S-TAB in a row should be a null operation. May be it would be better to use something like (org-display-outline-path nil t) to see where you are? - Carsten On 7.9.2013, at 14:11, "Sebastien Vauban" wrote: > Hello, > > Since a little while, I've observed that point's position is not anymore > preserved when cycling buffer's view with S-TAB. > > Sometimes, point stays where it was (even when in the body of entries); > sometimes, not. > > See http://screencast.com/t/1sr6Lezk: > > - when on the first letter of "From", in that example, point's location is > preserved; > > - when on the second letter of it, point's location is lost: new position is > at the end of the level 1 parent... > > That's very annoying when you want to just look at your tree structure, but > don't expect to land somewhere else by doing so. > > Best regards, > Seb > > -- > Sebastien Vauban > >