From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Drawers for plain old stuff
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 12:42:27 +0200	[thread overview]

On May 3, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> I finally got drawers to work to hide some plain old stuff that is
> too massive to be in the way all the time.  Is it me, or are drawers
> somewhat capricious?    I had a drawer working, then moved more
> stuff into it, and it cannot find the :END: line anymore.  So here
> are a few questions.
>
>  - Can I have two drawers by the same name in a file

Yes.

>  - What kind of information is forbidden in a drawer (that will not
> enable the finding of the :END: line)?

You cannot nest drawers, a drawer ends at the first :END: line, the
end must
be before the next headline.

>  - Can I make up names for Drawers on the fly?  Maybe a regular
> expression name would be configured?

You can globally define the drawers using the variable `org-drawers'.
Or you can have a

#+DRAWERS: CLOCK PROPERTIES HIDETHIS HIDETHAT TOOBIG TOOUGLY

line in the buffer.  Just press C-c C-c after changing
the line and you are good do go.

There is currently no way to define a regular expression for this.
Possible, but you would need to come up with a convincing
use case before I would implement this.

>  - Are blank lines anethema to drawers?

No.

>  - Is there a size limit?

No.

However, the drawer cannot contain a headline, i.e. a line starting with
one or several stars followed by a space character.  Most likely,
this is what was causing you problems?

- Carsten