Aloha all, I am working to create a single org-mode file that exports (almost) identically to HTML and LaTeX. I haven't found a way to do this for cross-references to figures. I'm wondering if it would be difficult to change the behavior of the LaTeX exporter to recognize and appropriately export the argument to #+LABEL:? This line above an org-mode table: #+LABEL: tab:xrf is correctly and usefully exported to LaTeX as: \label{tab:xrf} A link in the org-mode file like this: [[tab:xrf][(table 2)]] behaves as expected in the pdf file compiled from the LaTeX export. In situations where it is not difficult to live without LaTeX's cross- referencing facility, this is great. (I know that it is possible to put \ref{tab:xrf} in the org-mode file and that this works beautifully in the LaTeX export, but it does nothing in the HTML export.) The #+LABEL: tab:xrf doesn't appear in HTML export from the same org- mode file. If it could appear there, perhaps like this: then one org-mode file would correctly export these cross-references to both LaTeX and HTML. All the best, Tom