* ascii export problem/bug?
@ 2011-04-13 12:08 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2011-04-13 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I start emacs and then edit an org file, ascii export fails (M-x
org-export [return key] a).  No export file is created and I see the
following message:

    Autoloading failed to define function org-export-as-ascii

But if I type:

    M-x org-customize

then export works.  The other way I can get this to work is to manually load
org-ascii.el (which came with the org mode distribution).

This is with org-mode version 7.5.

Scott

* Re: ascii export problem/bug?
@ 2011-04-14  5:36 ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-04-14  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Otterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Do you have org-install.el in your init file?

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: ascii export problem/bug?
@ 2011-04-14  9:15   ` Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2011-04-14  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Jeff!  Of course, the missing install file was the problem.  I guess
org mode has evolved considerably since the last time I looked at the
manual...

Scott

@ 2011-04-14 15:45     ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-04-14 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Otterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Glad to help! Various bugs like that have bitten me. I gather if you
have to manually load libraries in any package, the "autoloads"
definitions probably aren't being used properly.