* html export question
@ 2011-04-13  2:47 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-04-13  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If the
$+EMAIL: rusi@somewhere.com
option is set it used to appear at the bottom of the html-export.

Does not seem to appear now.

Is this a regression or am I missing some option?

IOW with

#+AUTHOR: Rusi
#+EMAIL: myname@somewhere.com

Rusi appears in the html output but not myname@somewhere.com

org-version 7.5
emacs 23.1 and 24.0

Thanks
Rusi

* Re: html export question
@ 2011-04-13  3:13 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-04-13  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> If the
> $+EMAIL: rusi@somewhere.com
> option is set it used to appear at the bottom of the html-export.
>
> Does not seem to appear now.
>
> Is this a regression or am I missing some option?
>
> IOW with
>
> #+AUTHOR: Rusi
> #+EMAIL: myname@somewhere.com
>
> Rusi appears in the html output but not myname@somewhere.com
>
> org-version 7.5
> emacs 23.1 and 24.0
>
> Thanks
> Rusi

Hi Rusi,

This has been fixed after the 7.5 release.  The development version of
git exports the email address.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: html export question
@ 2011-04-13  5:42   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-04-13  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
> Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> If the
>> $+EMAIL: rusi@somewhere.com
>> option is set it used to appear at the bottom of the html-export.
>>
>> Does not seem to appear now.
>>
>> Is this a regression or am I missing some option?
>>
>> IOW with
>>
>> #+AUTHOR: Rusi
>> #+EMAIL: myname@somewhere.com
>>
>> Rusi appears in the html output but not myname@somewhere.com
>>
>> org-version 7.5
>> emacs 23.1 and 24.0
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rusi
>
> Hi Rusi,
>
> This has been fixed after the 7.5 release.  The development version of
> git exports the email address.
>
> Regards,
> Bernt

Did a git pull just now and still its the same.
How do I check that we are on the same git commit?

* Re: html export question
@ 2011-04-13  6:58     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-04-13  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
> > Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> If the
> >> $+EMAIL: rusi@somewhere.com
> >> option is set it used to appear at the bottom of the html-export.
> >>
> >> Does not seem to appear now.
> >>
> >> Is this a regression or am I missing some option?
> >>
> >> IOW with
> >>
> >> #+AUTHOR: Rusi
> >> #+EMAIL: myname@somewhere.com
> >>
> >> Rusi appears in the html output but not myname@somewhere.com
> >>
> >> org-version 7.5
> >> emacs 23.1 and 24.0
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Rusi
> >
> > Hi Rusi,
> >
> > This has been fixed after the 7.5 release.  The development version of
> > git exports the email address.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bernt
> >

> Did a git pull just now and still its the same.
> How do I check that we are on the same git commit?

You have to add an option to include the email address in the postamble:

,----
| #+AUTHOR: foo
| #+EMAIL: bar@baz
`----

That will produce

,----
`----

Alternatively, set org-export-html-postamble to t (by default, it's auto).
The format will be different but the address will be included. The actual
postamble produced is:

,----
`----

Re: git - you can check the commit with ``git describe'':

$ git describe
release_7.5-176-g2c8e964

The last component (leaving out the initial `g') is the (abbreviated) commit
at the head of the branch:

$ git log 2c8e964
commit 2c8e964b70bf22ae70ef824b422fb12e1783f8a2
Author: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Apr 10 16:29:14 2011 -0600

    ob-emacs-lisp: now supports :results output

    * lisp/ob-emacs-lisp.el (org-babel-execute:emacs-lisp): Now supports
      ":results output".

Nick

* Re: html export question
@ 2011-04-14  3:01       ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-04-14  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Hi Rusi,
>> >
>> > This has been fixed after the 7.5 release.  The development version of
>> > git exports the email address.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Bernt
>> >

>> Did a git pull just now and still its the same.
>> How do I check that we are on the same git commit?
>>

> You have to add an option to include the email address in the postamble:
>
> ,----
> | #+AUTHOR: foo
> | #+EMAIL: bar@baz
> `----
>
> That will produce
>
> ,----
> `----
>
> Alternatively, set org-export-html-postamble to t (by default, it's auto).

Thanks Nick. Sorry I did not look a few lines below on the same page
-- I guessed there was some (set of) options but did not know where to
look :-)

Still maybe the line in the doc

#+EMAIL: his/her email address (default from user-mail-address)

is a bit misleading -- given that the default is no email?

Rusi