C-c C-c was the magic I was missing. Thanks all for the help. aaron. On 27 April 2011 14:32, Jambunathan K wrote: > aaron barclay writes: > > > interesting. I have this in but thought I must be misunderstanding the > > manual. If I have the line in as below, but it is not working as > > expected, any ideas what I should be looking to troubleshoot? > > #+OPTIONS: ^:nil > > Revisit the file so that the settings take effect. Alternatively you can > do a C-c C-c on the OPTIONS line. > > C-h v org-export-with-sub-superscripts > > Jambunathan K. > > > > -- >