* org-mac-protocol usage under Snow Leopard ?
@ 2011-03-13 16:22 ` Urs Rau (UK)
From: Urs Rau (UK) @ 2011-03-13 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Gents,

Sorry to come back on this topic for the third time. But I have kept bashing at it and even gone to IRC on freenode to try to get help, but I think I need to re-state where I get stuck and then I will likely get hundreds of answers form the people that are used to applescript or services usage under Snow Leopard?

I am setting up org-mac-protocol as per instructions from https://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/blob/master/org-mac-protocol.org

I get stuck trying to "use" it. Under "Usage" it says:

Usage

There are four scripts that can be invoked; org-link, org-link-tabs, org-note, and org-remember. These scripts can be called by various methods, for example, the Script menu<https://Applications/AppleScript/AppleScript%20Utility.app/> in the menu bar, Quicksilver<http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/>, FastScripts<http://www.red-sweater.com/fastscripts/> etc.

Well, I don't have a Script menu, or am looking in the wrong place, and I also don't have Quicksilver (extinct?) or Fastscripts installed. The one "odd" bit following the instructions was that there was no "Scripts" dir under my ~/Library dir, but I thought this might be because this is the first time I am trying to setup and use a applescript under my Snow Leopard.

How do I tell the Snow Leopard OS that it needs to trigger the scripts I copied into the correct (?) places under:

~/Library/Scripts/org-link.scpt
                  org-link-tabs.scpt
                  org-remember.scpt
                  org-note.scpt
                  orgQSLib/escape.rb
                           getEmacsClient.scpt
                           getItemMetadata.scpt

What are the keypresses or triggers to activate the scripts when I am in Safari or another supported App? I feel like I have done all the work and all should be setup, but I don't know how to trigger it or switch it on?

Thanks.

--
Urs Rau

* Re: org-mac-protocol usage under Snow Leopard ?
@ 2011-04-09  3:04   ` Harold Klingsporn
From: Harold Klingsporn @ 2011-04-09  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: urs.rau; +Cc: Org Mode

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Urs Rau (UK) <urs.rau@om.org> wrote:

> Gents,
>
> Sorry to come back on this topic for the third time. But I have kept
> bashing at it and even gone to IRC on freenode to try to get help, but I
> think I need to re-state where I get stuck and then I will likely get
> hundreds of answers form the people that are used to applescript or services
> usage under Snow Leopard?
>
> I am setting up org-mac-protocol as per instructions from
> https://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/blob/master/org-mac-protocol.org
>

> I get stuck trying to "use" it. Under "Usage" it says:
>
> Usage
>
> There are four scripts that can be invoked; org-link, org-link-tabs,
> org-note, and org-remember. These scripts can be called by various
> methods, for example, the Script menu<https://Applications/AppleScript/AppleScript%20Utility.app/>in the menu bar,
> Quicksilver <http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/>, FastScripts<http://www.red-sweater.com/fastscripts/>etc.
>
> Well, I don't have a Script menu, or am looking in the wrong place, and I
> also don't have Quicksilver (extinct?) or Fastscripts installed. The one
> "odd" bit following the instructions was that there was no "Scripts" dir
> under my ~/Library dir, but I thought this might be because this is the
> first time I am trying to setup and use a applescript under my Snow Leopard.
>
> How do I tell the Snow Leopard OS that it needs to trigger the scripts I
> copied into the correct (?) places under:
>
> ~/Library/Scripts/org-link.scpt
>                   org-link-tabs.scpt
> 		  org-remember.scpt
> 		  org-note.scpt
> 		  orgQSLib/escape.rb
> 		           getEmacsClient.scpt
> 			   getItemMetadata.scpt
>

> What are the key presses or triggers to activate the scripts when I am in
> Safari or another supported App? I feel like I have done all the work and
> all should be setup, but I don't know how to trigger it or switch it on?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Urs Rau

I just saw this post and hope it isn't still an open issue, but in case it
is, take a look at <
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080315064646576> for advice on
how to enable script execution in OS X. Nothing specific to emacs or Org
mode.

* Re: org-mac-protocol usage under Snow Leopard ?
@ 2011-04-14 23:07     ` Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2011-04-14 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harold Klingsporn; +Cc: Org Mode, urs.rau