On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Urs Rau (UK) wrote: > Gents, > > Sorry to come back on this topic for the third time. But I have kept > bashing at it and even gone to IRC on freenode to try to get help, but I > think I need to re-state where I get stuck and then I will likely get > hundreds of answers form the people that are used to applescript or services > usage under Snow Leopard? > > I am setting up org-mac-protocol as per instructions from > https://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/blob/master/org-mac-protocol.org > > > I get stuck trying to "use" it. Under "Usage" it says: > > Usage > > There are four scripts that can be invoked; org-link, org-link-tabs, > org-note, and org-remember. These scripts can be called by various > methods, for example, the Script menuin the menu bar, > Quicksilver , FastScriptsetc. > > Well, I don't have a Script menu, or am looking in the wrong place, and I > also don't have Quicksilver (extinct?) or Fastscripts installed. The one > "odd" bit following the instructions was that there was no "Scripts" dir > under my ~/Library dir, but I thought this might be because this is the > first time I am trying to setup and use a applescript under my Snow Leopard. > > How do I tell the Snow Leopard OS that it needs to trigger the scripts I > copied into the correct (?) places under: > > ~/Library/Scripts/org-link.scpt > org-link-tabs.scpt > org-remember.scpt > org-note.scpt > orgQSLib/escape.rb > getEmacsClient.scpt > getItemMetadata.scpt > > > > What are the key presses or triggers to activate the scripts when I am in > Safari or another supported App? I feel like I have done all the work and > all should be setup, but I don't know how to trigger it or switch it on? > > Thanks. > > > -- > Urs Rau > I just saw this post and hope it isn't still an open issue, but in case it is, take a look at < http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080315064646576> for advice on how to enable script execution in OS X. Nothing specific to emacs or Org mode.