On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Matt Price wrote: > > > One thing is to make sure that it is the first select-window which is > failing: > there is a second one in there as well. Toggling debug-on-error and getting > a full backtrace (assuming you are loading .el files and not .elc files) > would > take care of that. > > If there were any concurrency, I'd suspect a race: you try to select a > window > that somebody else killed in the meantime. But I don't think there is > anything > like that going in emacs - but I don't know for sure. > I think I'm loading .el files, from the git repository. And I think it must be the first select-window failing, because (get-buffer-window "*Calendar*") evaluates to nil, while (selected-window) evaluates to a numbered window. "*scratch*" also works properly, so there's so mething very odd about the *Calendar* window. There must be something strange happening with the calendar functions -- that's part of the emacs core, right? Or should I be worrying about my other packages? Again, many thanks, Matt > Nick >