Hi folks, For a while, I have been bugged by the fact that org-mode macros need to hardcode the arguments. Among other things, this prevents, macros with a variable number of arguments (arguably most useful for “(eval”-style lisp macros). Today, I finally implemented this feature (see attached patch). It simply substitutes $arg with a list of the macro arguments. It allows macros like this one: #+MACRO: no-op (eval (string-join $args ",")) Which simple outputs its arguments but does not require calls to the macro to escape commas. {{{no-op(Hi there, this macro does nothing)}}} -> Hi there, this macro does nothing Can you have a look to see if this can be included in the org-mode distribution? many thanks and best regards, holger