There already is Worg for wiki and pdf generation is already a core function of org-mode. Not sure if i'm missing something here or not. On Oct 16, 2009, at 6:41 AM, Scot Becker wrote: > Sebastien, > > I don't think any of this is crazy. > > The first idea is similar to the HTML composition GUIs which now > seem to be everywhere. I'm told it's a pretty complex task to get > them to reliably be both WYSISYG and to maintain syntactically > correct markup through multiple edits, but people are attempting > it---with some success for HTML and BBcode. > > Could org-syntax be used in a Wiki? I suppose so with some elisp or > scripting infrasturcture. In fact, such an idea is has potential to > help with other problems as well, such as making simple changes to > your server-stored org-documents when at a non-emacs machine or a > simple web-enabled device like a smartphone. I imagine that the > overhead of processing org-markup to html via Emacs is high-ish in > comparision with traditonal ways of generating html from other > markup languages. But with static pages and mostly internal use, > that should be no issue. > > Look at this link for an example of online PDF generation. In this > case it's from another lightweight markup language called > ReStructured Text, and uses pdflatex on a server to automatically > generate pdf's. > > http://rst2a.com/ > > If they can do it..... > > Scot > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode