Dear list, I'm trying to set up Mobile Org, but there's some problem, All my org files are placed in in ~/My Dropbox/org/org, as following: ----- (defvar org-dir (concat Dropbox "/org") "org dir") (defvar org-source-dir (concat Dropbox "/org/org") "org source dir") (defvar pub-html-dir (concat Dropbox "/org/public_html") "html dir") (defvar org-mobile-dir (concat Dropbox "/MobileOrg") "org mobile dir") Then I set Mobile Org like this: (setq org-mobile-directory org-source-dir) (setq org-mobile-force-id-on-agenda-items nil) (setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull (concat org-source-dir "/mobile.org")) After org-mobile-push command, the agenda is generated, but in Mobile Org, it could not be opened, and the error message is bad file encoding, unable to detect file encoding, please re-save this file using UTF-8. So how could I figure out what the file encoding of my org files, and if not, how to convert them (there's quite a bit) to UTF-8, and in the future how to save the files automatically to UTF-8 with the Chinese support? The coding system is really confusing, thanks a lot!! Chao