I put the diary-sunset and diary-sunrise functions in a file called sunrisesunset.el in my elisp directory, it is part of my load path and put '(require 'sunrisesunset) in my .emacs It only loads if I type M-x load-library RET sunrisesunset RET I am not sure why it isn't automatically loading like other files I have set the same way, the same holds true for org-google-weather, I ran the git, have it in my home directory and have it set up for require in my dotemacs but i still have to M-x load-library RET org-google-weather RET to get it to work in my agenda. I am running on cygwin with emacs 23.2 and with Org 7.4 (updated to make sure), I ended up putting the diary-sunrise and diary-sunset functions in my dot emacs and they work just fine but putting the contents of different .el files in my dotemacs file isn't a good long term solution. Any suggestions as to what I might look at or for? Matthew S