On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Scot Becker wrote: > Another Zotero + org user here. Right now I do what Christian does: export > Zotero to slightly tweaked BibTeX, and insert with RefTeX's amazingly cool reference-insertion > interface (another genius piece of work by Carsten). i'm getting nearly convinced to go this route. May I ask, do you use reftex from within org? I'm not quite sure on how that would wok (but also I'm not that familiar w/ the latex parts of the documentation...). > I can think of two profitable ways to make inserting references from one's > Zotero database into org-mode notes better, and one further way that > org-mode could be more tightly linked with Zotero. > > 1) A utility (presumably part firefox plugin) which keeps a BibTeX file in > sync with one of Zotero's collections. > sounds great. > 2) a org-mode-specific plain-text citation mechanism, analogous to BibTeX, > but useful for both LaTeX and non-LaTeX exports. It would presumably have a > CSL backend, and work the way that citeproc-hsworks for pandoc. Presumably it could also use a RefTeX-like interface for > citation insertion. > yes, this would be the very best thing. > > 3) Easier ways to take reading notes (in org) on items in the Zotero > database, with two way linking. (Thanks already for the tips in this > thread.) > ditto! that would be super. wish i were in a position to createthese tools myself. matt