Hi, On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Florian Blank < blank@informatik.uni-muenchen.de> wrote: > Hallo, > > I'm quite new in org-mode. So I'm sorry to ask maybe an easy question, i > absolutly do not find the solution for my problem. Even if I'm thinking, > that org-mode ist the most sympatic and efficent way to work for me. But to > the problem. > > I want to use org-mode to organize excerpts. So my biggest Problem at the > moment si, > > a) how to sum up multiple files und subfolders in an (root-)folder for a > search on the tags, (and produce an file with an output) > > While it might not be the best looking output, you can use agenda for something like this. I don't know if you have familiarity with agenda or not, so assuming you don't, the process would be like so: - add your various files to your agenda list (visit the file and do C-c [) covered here: http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-files.html#Agenda-files - run agenda with M-x org-agenda or add this to .emacs ,----- | global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda) `----- and then use C-c a. - choose the "m" option for 'Match a tags/prop/todo query' - type in your tag and observe the output. When I do this and insert a tag I know exists all over, the resulting agenda view produces a list like so: ,----- | Filename: Headline-where-tag-occurs :tag-I-searched: | Filename: Headline-where-tag-occurs2 :tag-I-searched: | ... `----- - you can then write this list using C-x C-w to a file. Others may be able to comment on more advanced exporting; I haven't used this feature yet (other than knowing it exists) -- there may be a way to export to another org file. Otherwise, you could run some sed commands and insert stars at the beginning of each list or change ":" into ": |" to make an org table from the output. I think once you have your exported list, you should be able to do something with it to make it usable, hopefully. > b) how to extract the used tags of an given root-folder to a list > (buffer, file) > > I'll let someone else handle this... I was thinking 'grep ':.*:' files' but that isn't working so hot... > By the way: Not realy a big question to me at the moment, but I was > wondering if der is any possibillity to handle bibtex files (*.bib) > like > > @BOOK{Metaphysik_Rapp_1996, > title = {Aristoteles Metaphysik, Die Substanzbücher {(Z,} Ē, {TH)}}, > publisher = {Akademie Verl.}, > year = {1996}, > author = {Christof Rapp}, > address = {Berlin}, > isbn = {9783050028651}, > keywords = {Metaphysik, Aristoteles, Substanz, ousia}, > lccn = {0000}, > owner = {schlaubi}, > } > > For example, that it ist possible to include in an tag-search the values of > "keywords = {xxx}" of an given bibtex-file (database-file). > > Thank you for your time, > > Florian Blank. > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >