Thank you Bernt for proposal. Yes, it can work but only TODO and DONE in this case not good words for the item but I will try. Thank you, Juri. On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote: > Juri Artamonov writes: > > > Thank you David, for your reply. > > > > The only reason I need this is just I can specify TAG(s) for headline > > and can't do this for any other record. Therefore, I need to have > > information about number of items, checked number and get items by > > TAG. > > > > Is there any other way to achieve this? > > Hi Juri, > > I think you should promote your list entries with checkboxes to full > headlines that support tags. You can switch back and forth between > lists and headlines by selecting the text and using C-c * on the region. > > I would suggest you change from > > ,---- > | ** 1. [ ] Text for first item > | ** 2. [ ] Text for second item > `---- > > to > > ,---- > | * Top level headline [/] [%] :sometags: > | ** TODO Text for first item > | ** TODO Text for second item > `---- > > that way when you mark the TODO items DONE (equivalent to checking the > checkboxes) the cookies [/] and [%] update with the number of complete > and total items for the subheadings. > > HTH, > Bernt >