From: Nicholas Putnam <nputnam@gmail.com>
To: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get syntax coloring?
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:44:04 -0500	[thread overview]

re: org-export-htmlize , "Symbol's value as variable is void"

Here's my .emacs file.  The line that sets org-babel-tangle-lang-exts is
commented out.  Further down, is the debugging output when emacs is
started.  Requiring ob-R doesn't generate an error, by either ob-ruby or
ob-python will, unless org-babel-tangle-lang-exts is set.  The call to
ob-ruby that generates the error, at the bottom of .emacs, is definitely
coming after 'org-install.

Thanks again,

Nik

(setq load-path
       (append (list nil
"/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp"
"/Users/nputnam/elisp/ruby-mode"
         )
load-path))

(require 'org-install)

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(global-font-lock-mode 1)                     ; for all buffers
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)  ; Org buffers only
(transient-mark-mode 1)

;(setq org-babel-tangle-lang-exts '("fortran" . "f"))
;(setq org-babel-tangle-lang-exts '())

(setq org-babel-do-load-languages
 '((R . t)
         (ditaa . nil)
         (dot . nil)
         (emacs-lisp . t)
         (gnuplot . t)
         (haskell . nil)
         (ocaml . nil)
         (python . t)
         (ruby . t)
         (screen . nil)
         (sh . t)
         (sql . nil)
         (sqlite . nil)))

(require 'ob-R)
;(require 'ob-python)
(require 'ob-ruby)

Here is the emacs debugging output:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-babel-tangle-lang-exts)
  add-to-list(org-babel-tangle-lang-exts ("ruby" . "rb"))

byte-code("\301\302!\210\301\303!\210\301\304!\210\301\305!\210\306\307\310\"\210\311^HB^P\312\311!\204$^@\313\311\314\"\210\314\207"
[current-load-list$
  require(ob-ruby)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/Users/nputnam/.emacs" nil t)  ;
Reading at buffer position 958
  load-with-code-conversion("/Users/nputnam/.emacs" "/Users/nputnam/.emacs"
t t)
  load("~/.emacs" t t)
  #[nil "^H\205\276^@   \306=\203^Q^@\307^H\310Q\202A^@
\311=\2033^@\312\307\313\314#\203#^@\315\202A^@\312\307\313\316#\203/^@\317\202A^@\315\202A^@