* import text from firefox with hyperlinks
@ 2010-05-16 22:59 Kestutis Matonis
From: Kestutis Matonis @ 2010-05-16 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How can i copy/import selected page part from firefox to emacs with hyperlinks?

* Re: import text from firefox with hyperlinks
@ 2010-05-17  9:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-17  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kestutis Matonis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 17, 2010, at 12:59 AM, Kestutis Matonis wrote:

> How can i copy/import selected page part from firefox to emacs with
> hyperlinks?

What is wrong with just copy and paste?

Or take a look at org-w3m.el, this does some URL conversion when
copying from w3m.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: import text from firefox with hyperlinks
@ 2010-05-17 10:03   ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2010-05-17 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Kestutis Matonis, emacs-orgmode

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 17, 2010, at 12:59 AM, Kestutis Matonis wrote:
>
>> How can i copy/import selected page part from firefox to emacs with
>> hyperlinks?
>
> What is wrong with just copy and paste?

Well, the man wants to have hyperlinks converted to [[org][links]].
At least for my setup, there is no behind-the-scenes magic that does
this.  I just get the visible text, not the (invisible) links.

I can't answer your original question, (though I'll be keen to see if
someone can), but you also might be interested in org-protocol, which
can pass a URL, a document title and a selected region directly from a
web browser to a running instance of Emacs.  AFAIK,l it doesn't do
link formatting, but it will pass the link to the page you're looking
at.  See this blissfully complex introduction to it.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php

org-annotation-helper is a simpler tool that also does this.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-annotation-helper.php

Scot