Matthew: There's an interest in org-help.org? Would there be any question about its inclusion in org? No. It's currently in a state of disarray, however. Here are some of my thoughts about its current state. As I mention below, I may be able to clean it up this Summer. I am afraid I got bogged down, for a number of reasons. I am stubborn, and don't want to admit defeat, but it would be even better if someone who really understands org-mode was able to carry it forward. And I have some ideas about improving it, but haven't had time or focus to get it done. I'll attach a current copy, but there are quite a few sections added, esp. at the end, that were gratuitously personal notes as I was learning certain features. If this were on some kind of git repo, I'd be interested in working off of it, and I'd learn to submit a patch, perhaps. One thing I thought about is the keystroke compatibility issue, that it would be really nice if it worked like info. As it is, it is an editable file, and I end up having to kill it to avoid overwriting it with some junk, when I use it. The folding status is not persistent, another nice thing to have (from info). The file opens up as a folded top-level outline. The various headlines I have set up to be links to the manual pages about the same topic. At I tried to have one or two main keybinding clues present in the folded view at least headline. So a clue to the keybindings, and a link to the manual. Even lower level headlines may have manual links. That particular feature I like *a lot*! I have gotten a bit lost with many of the new features, like babel, and haven't kept up on some of those. I was clueless about agenda, but have begun to use it quite a bit, so at some point I worked on that section, but it's a miasma, a tangled mass, at this point, and I should have to clean that up. This is an example of a section I started to work on when I was learning a certain feature or set of features. So I guess that main caveat at this point is that it's become a personal help file, and more and more personal as time goes on. Summer comes I would at some point clean it up. I assigned it to a key. For my key-binding setup, it worked ok to assign it to "C-c 7". Maybe better to set it on a viewing mode, but I have been prone to hack as a go. Be all that as it may be, here is the "current" state of the file on my system. Alan. On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote: > Carsten Dominik writes: > > > Hi Matt, > > > > no, org-help.org is not about the FAQ, it is a separate document, like > > a quick reference, made by Alan Davis. It is more than the refcard, > > less than the manual. > > > > It seems to live here: > > > > http://osdir.com/ml/attachments/orgF54hhOaC48.org > > > > Get in touch with Alan at lngndvs@gmail.com Maybe with some feedback > > between the two of you, we will have a way to ship this with Org-mode > > and to link it in. > > Great! I will contact Alan Davis about including org-help.org in the > distribution. > > - Matt > >