* Git Changelogs
@ 2011-02-17 15:53 Avdi Grimm
From: Avdi Grimm @ 2011-02-17 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there an easy way to have a version-controlled Org file suck in its
own changelog and present it as a list of entries?

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org

* Re: Git Changelogs
@ 2011-02-17 19:49 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-02-17 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avdi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Avdi,

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Avdi Grimm <groups@inbox.avdi.org> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to have a version-controlled Org file suck in its
> own changelog and present it as a list of entries?

Using babel, you could do that.

Try out the example below which prints a list of the changes to my
notes.org file as a list.

#+begin_src sh :results output raw
  git log --pretty=format:"+ %s by %an" notes.org
#+end_src

Look at the PRETTY-FORMATS section in the help of git-log [1] to tweak
your git log output.

HTH,
Puneeth

[1] - http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-log.html